PIAF Announces Call for entries!
Prague, 13/2/2013 - Entries into the innovative creative competition Prague International Advertising Festival can be submitted up until 4 April. The jury will be presided over this year by Chris Garbutt, Chief Creative Officer Ogilvy France. Brands such as Adidas, Absolut and Turkish Airlines will join the creatives in the jury. PIAF winners will be announced in the National Gallery in Prague on 22 May 2013.
It is the third year in a row that PIAF will reach out to the creative and marketing community with twelve categories which refuse to divide between traditional media types. Categories such as Storytelling, Principle of game, creating the media and creative sales and sales support will take a shot at covering the area of brand and product communication from high profile brands throughout sales innovation.
„We praise creativity on both sides – clients and agencies. Innovation occurs in media planning, technology, business, design, ATL and BTL. We feel that traditional categories no longer cover extremely fast development and the addition of new categories and sub-categories only causes price inflation,“ says Marek Hlavica, the festival’s Managing Director. There will also be a competition this year in two special categories - Best Beer Ad and State and Public Institutions.
PIAF does not want to create just to be creative. This is why the jury will include top marketers, representatives from brands based on creativity, this year from Absolut, Adidas and Turkish Airlines.
Entries can be submitted up until 4 April and the shortlists will be announced in the middle of May. PIAF will announce winners on 22 May at the end of the two-day PIAF conference at the National Gallery in Prague.
Jury PIAF 2013
• Chris Garbutt, Chief Creative Officer Ogilvy France – Jury president
• Sebastian Billing, Global Commnication Director Absolut/Pernod Ricard
• Adrian Botan, Viceprezident Creative Excelence McCann WorldGroup Central and Eastern Europe
• Jitka Bret-Srbová, Associate Creative Director Young & Rubicam Praha
• Paolo Dematteis, Group Creative Director Leo Burnett Italy
• Serdar Ekrem Sirin, Advertising Director Turkish Airlines
• Magnus Jakobsson, Creative Director DDB Stockholm
• Alexander Matt, Global Brand Marketing Director Adidas
• Christoph Nann, Executive Creative Director, Serviceplan
• Francois Chilot, Founder Les Producers and Prezident CFP-E (Commercial Film Producers of Europe)
• Sergio Spaccavento, Associate Creative Director Bcube Publicis Milan
• Paul Stechschulte, Executive Creative Director Arnold Amsterdam
Download Press kit ENG (photos and bios of jurors, logo PIAF, press release) here.
• The fourth year of PIAF, PIAF 2013 will be held from 20 – 22 May.
• All work will be judged by one international jury. Past PIAF jurors include Michael Conrad, Gideon Amichay, Alexander Schill, Susan Credle, Luiz Sanches, Tim Delaney and others.
• In 2011 PIAF introduced an innovative category system which no longer supports the division into media types but rather monitors current communications principals and trends.
• PIAF includes an intensive two-day conference aimed at marketing and advertising specialists. Mainly, innovative case studies from all over the world are presented.
• The free Shots in the Dark evening programme is offered to the public, students and those interested in the profession.
For more info please contact us:
Tel: + 420 234 711 150
PIAF Announces May 2013 Date
Prague 5.11.2012: The Prague International Advertising Festival (PIAF) 2013 has a date: 21- 22 May 2013. Preparations for PIAF 2013, Prague’s most prestigious advertising event, are in full swing! Organizers expect attendance figures for next year to be even higher than PIAF 2012.
“PIAF’s effort in developing a new, fresh and innovative advertising festival has my full support. I think you’re doing a great job in trying to make a difference, break the mold and stimulate the ‘out of the box’ philosophy you want PIAF to stand for in the future. I’m sure the international world of advertising and communication will consider PIAF as the place to enter innovative, ‘out of the box’ work in the future. I will for sure do everything I can to spread the word and encourage people and projects to enter next year – and the years to come. I will start with 2 of my own ABSOLUT projects launching this year”, Sebastian Billing Global Communication Director for Absolut at Pernod Ricard after judging at PIAF 2012.
“We pride ourselves on being a „different“ sort of festival; a successful revolutionary breakthrough in creativity of customers and agencies together,” explains Marek Hlavica, festival director. “Our totally unique categories reflect brand evaluation, sales and support.” he continues.
PIAFYS 2011/2012 closed, results tallied…. check out PIAFYS ranking system to see where creatives from your country stand
The PIAFYS ranking, a global ranking of over 3,340 creatives worldwide consisting of and updated based on information from public sources has officially closed for 2011/2012 and results have been tallied. Awards from 26 international festivals are included in the PIAFYS ranking.
Alexander Schill, the Chief Creative Officer of the German agency Serviceplan and member of the PIAF 2012 jury, made his way to very TOP of the annual PIAFYS ranking and Luiz Sanches, Executive Creative Director of Almap BBDO Brazil, a PIAF 2012 juror and last year's PIAFYS winner made it into the top 10.
PIAFYS 2013 is underway and already includes results of festivals that took place during September and October 2012.
PIAFYS TOP 100 country by country….
The USA led the 2011/2012 points ranking with Germany in close second. Brazil and China were also very competitive in third and fourth place respectively.